Household Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Collection Schedule for Harwich, Chatham and Brewster

The Cape Cod Cooperative Extension is the education department for Barnstable County.  They provide a multitude of education and service regarding water quality and much more.

Municipal Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facilities

The MADEP provides an approved list of facilities that accept household hazardous waste from redidents on a regular basis.  Some may even accept small business waste.    The full list of Massachusetts facilities can be found by following the above link.


Paints, polishes and stains *NO LATEX*

Yard Chemicals

Cleaners and Chemicals

Auto Fluids

Thermometers, Thermostats and Baromters  **Mercury Wanted**

It is important to keep mercury out of our environment and water supply.  These items are accepted at household collection facilities.  If you come across larger amounts of mercury, please contact the **Barnstable County Hazardous Waste team at 508-375-6699.

For items not listed above, please visit the Cape Cod Coopertive Extensions website at or contact them directly at 508-375-6690. or submit your request to them via their online contact form.